Monday, December 28, 2009

What is a good way to make protein powder not so disgusting?

I bought some vanilla Whey protein powder. How should I make it eatable/drinkable?What is a good way to make protein powder not so disgusting?
Hey, I have the same problem! I'm not a big meat eater, so I'm always careful to make sure I get enough protein. Luckily, protein powder blends very nicely into a lot of different items. I like to stir it into my morning oatmeal b/c it gives it a nice vanilla flavor and adds extra protein to keep me energized! It's also good mixed into instant pudding made with skim milk, smoothies, applesauce, milkshakes (homemade), mixed into yogurt, and sprinkled on top of cold cereal. I'll allso add it to muffins or breads that I bake. Hope this helps :)What is a good way to make protein powder not so disgusting?
It usually comes down to the brands, not all taste like crap.


I would suggest some brands to your though email if you want.





For taste, I use a bit of peanut butter by Smart Balance. Not only are you getting extra protein from it, it also supplies you with a good dose of EFA. I recall it being sugar free and salt free also, which is great if you are on a diet or adding mass.
Personally, I would mix it in with a smoothie....like a milkshake.....otherwise I'm at a loss of what to tell you....sorry but good luck!
Try blending it with half water, half skim milk, and maybe some strawberries or other kinds of fruit. There's really no way to make that stuff taste good, but the fruit helps to make it bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment