Thursday, December 24, 2009

What are the benefits of protein powder and how do you fix it to make it taste better?

The benefits of protein powder is that it's gives your muscles the right nutrients to repair the muscle that you've worked. It's also a great meal replacement when you're in a hurray. I have one for breakfast every morning.





To make them taste better, try mixing them with low-fat milk, adding in a small container of yogurt, or put it in a blender with some frozen fruit and make it a smoothie.





I tried a few versions of protein powder and you've just got to find the one that tastes the best. The one that I like has Splenda in it.What are the benefits of protein powder and how do you fix it to make it taste better?
I use protein powders in a shake every morning. I use one scoop of powder, about a half a cup of skim milk, a few peices of ice, and either a banana or two or three frozen strawberries. Its a great energy boost, and an awesomely healthy way to start your morning. If you want it sweeter, try some splenda. No calories, plenty of taste.What are the benefits of protein powder and how do you fix it to make it taste better?
try adding sugar free peanut butter.
Protein powder can benefit you if your are weight training and looking to bulk up and add muscle or if you do not get a proper amount of protein through your regular diet. You can try mixing it with very cold water in a blender, add some chocolate syrup. Also you could mix it with fruit, juice and ice in a blender to make a smoothie. It will help but there will still be some taste to it.
My specialty is low carb and I recommend Kimkins.com members use whey protein powder (non sweetened) as a meal replacement shake they can make themselves for variety.





We have several recipes, but the most versatile is vanilla flavored powder which can be mixed with Crystal Light or flat diet soda and ice cubes. The only calories/carbs would be whatever is in the protein powder.





Protein powder can be useful for muscle building BUT only if you need it. If you're already getting enough protein, then extra protein is simply extra calories. It doesn't magically turn into muscle.
For me, protein powder has been a wonderful supplement to my diet. If you are working out at a relatively intense level, your body needs protein to help build/maintain muscle. I am nearly a vegetarian, so protein powder helps me to get the appropriate protein for my body to perform and function. I am a fitness instructor and workout six times a week, so I need nearly 90 grams of protein per day. If you find that you are able to get enough protein through lean meats and other sources (beans, etc) then protein powder may not be necessary for you. It IS convenient though! I just put a scoop in a bottle with water, shake and drink! I prefer it with water, although some people try it in milk. It takes getting used to, but it is worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment