Thursday, January 7, 2010

Can baking powder be used as a substitute for baby powder?

I got a temporary airbrush tattoo and the instructions were to powder it before showering/sleeping. They said to use baby powder but would baking powder do the same, or like, arm %26amp; hammer powder? Its not for baking, just for keeping the tattoo longer.


Thanks.Can baking powder be used as a substitute for baby powder?
If you sweat, the sodium in the baking powder will burn and you'll be rubbing in no time. Calcium acid sulfate might not help matters any either. In a pinch, cornstarch would be the better bet.





As for showering, drug stores have these plastic cast protectors that would work better than the cornstarch. It's what my son used when he got his marvelous tattoo.Can baking powder be used as a substitute for baby powder?
lol I have to admit it is a funny question!





But I can answer it for you. What the powder does is keep the tattoo dry. Which in turns makes it last longer. So in theory you could use baking powder to do the same thing. (I wouldn't use arm %26amp; hammer though)





But another alternative that most women have is setting powder. This is makeup like stuff,I use it every weekend when doing airbrush tattoos, but I dont know what its real use is! So that is what I put on the tattoo when customer buys one.





If you are not a girl, you can ask your sister, mom, grandma or girlfriend. They will have it.





But you could also use any other kind of makeup that is powdery.





But yes, I think putting a little baking powder on will do the trick!





Hope this helps!
hu?

No comments:

Post a Comment